Membership in InterCom
Annual membership in InterCom is only $45.00. There are no special discounts, group rates, or classifications of membership. Everyone pays the same low annual fee and shares in InterCom equally as a full member of the association.
InterCom is open to all who are interested. Unlike many other associations, there are no prerequisites for membership, such as full-time employment in a particular field. InterCom seeks diverse membership because all specialties within the communication profession are interrelated and because the greatest benefit of InterCom is what we can learn from each other.
Membership belongs to the individual. If a member changes jobs, membership goes with that member, even if the employer paid the dues.
With the introduction of Intercom’s new online membership directory, memberships extend for one year from the date you join. Existing members and pending members will receive an email soon with specific instructions on how to register and edit their directory listing. To join as a new member, please do the following:
- Click on the Join/Login on the right sidebar of any page, then when the WordPress login form appears, click on Register.
- Enter a user name of your choice and the email address you wish to use for the directory. A temporary password will be emailed to you in a few minutes.
- Use the link in the email to enter your user name and password. When the WordPress profile page opens, enter a permanent password and your name. You do not need to fill out the rest of the profile page as this info is not used in the directory.
- Go to the Members/Talent Directory page, click on Submit a Listing, fill out the listing form and add images (2) if you wish.
- Click Finish. You’ll be taken to a PayPal page to pay the $45 membership online.
Please note the new InterCom website is still a work in progress. If you run into a problem or have any questions, please send us an email.